PARISH OF ST FRANCIS OF ASSISI, WEST WICKHAM
POLICY FOR SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN, YOUNG PEOPLE AND ADULTS
We are committed to promoting and supporting environments which:
- are youth-friendly and child-friendly and nurture their positive development
- enable children, young people and adults to be active contributors to the church community
- protect children, young people and adults from actual or potential harm
- enable and encourage concerns to be raised and responded to openly and consistently
- ensure that all people feel welcomed, respected and safe from abuse.
We recognise that:
- the welfare of everyone is paramount
- all people regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse
We will endeavour to safeguard children, young people and adults by:
- valuing, listening to and respecting children, young people and adults in all our activities
The Parish Safeguarding Officer for this church is Pam Beadle
To view the Parish Safeguarding Policy click here
Further information can be found in the diocesan policy document 'A Safe Church'. A copy of this document can be found in the clergy vestry or click here to view the document online.